Registered nursing associate apprenticeships are available for existing health care support workers and offered externally to staff who want to join Sussex Partnership. These are a way of ‘growing our own’ staff and offer a great career route to develop in a new nursing role. As a Trainee Nursing Associate (TNA), you will be paid on a Band 3 salary and, upon completion of your course and End Point Assessment, registration with the Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC) and if successfully appointed to a Registered Nursing Associate post, this will increase to Band 4.
Trainees will attend university one day a week and experience practice in a variety of clinical settings across a number of local health care providers. Successful trainees will gain a Foundation Degree in Health and Social Care Practice.
There is also the chance to join a pilot trainee nursing associate (TNA) learning disability and/or autism programme. This involves following the Trainee Nursing Associate programme and completing approximately 50% learning disability and/or autism practice experience, supported by a learning disability senior development nurse.
To apply to be a TNA you will need to provide evidence that:
- You are working within Sussex Partnership as a HCSWor equivalent in a permanent post.
- You have applied for a HCSW as an external candidate and have successfully been employed as a HCSW in order to apply to one of our local universities to be considered for a TNA place.
- You have the support from your line manager, general manager and Care Delivery Service (CDS) Lead Nurse to apply
- Your mandatory training is up to date (including the Care Certificate)
- You hold a Level 2 (or above) certificate in English and Maths
- You hold a relevant or equivalent Level 3 qualification
- You have studied at a Level 3 within the last 5 years
For more information on this apprenticeship opportunity, please contact TNAApplications@sussexpartnership.nhs.uk